39 Hours per week
£30,000 - £35,000 per year based on suitability and experience
Experienced Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Service Engineer to support IRS’ contracted clients throughout the Midlands area. Liaising with Service Manager and Service Co-Ordinators to deliver a high-quality prompt diagnosis and rectification 24/7 breakdown service as well as detailed and pro-active planned maintenance services to a wide range of commercial and industrial clients. The position is open to candidates with a proven record of suitable experience. We desire individuals who are flexible, committed and motivated to work on a wide variation of equipment, having a bias towards fault finding and service repairs.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Response to breakdowns on Refrigeration, Air Conditioning and Ventilation plant.
- Service and maintenance of Commercial and Industrial Refrigeration, Air Conditioning and Ventilation plant.
- To join 24/7 callout rota (currently 1 day in 9).
- Parts identification and sourcing to assist with prompt submission of remedial quotations.
- Knowledge and considered application/consultation of required Health, Safety and Environmental practices.
- Occasional support to projects team with replacement/new installations.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Relevant experience as a mobile Service Engineer in the Commercial and Industrial sectors.
- Ability to work off own initiative and as part of a team to meet customers requirements and planned works deadlines.
- Ability to represent IRS in a professional manner and to communicate effectively with customers, colleagues and suppliers.
- Proactive approach to all tasks undertaken, demonstrating a “can-do” attitude.
- Flexibility to work overtime when required, often at short notice.
- F-Gas Cat 1 certified.
- Evidence of electrical and controls experience/competence.
- Full UK driving license.
- NVQ Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Level 2 or above, or equivalent, preferred (although not essential, if experience can be proven).
- Sound knowledge of, and some form of certified Health, Safety and Environmental training.
- DBS check essential (IRS to cover cost).
Established in 1990 and currently experiencing a successful period of controlled growth, IRS carries out Service, Maintenance and Installation works on Refrigeration, Air Conditioning and Ventilation equipment at many sites across the Midlands region and beyond. We look after a vast range of equipment from Industrial Process Cooling to Small Commercial Equipment.
Approximately 80% of our contracted sites are located within a 50-mile radius of our head office (Bromsgrove), with a number of sites under contract with guaranteed response times in locations further afield such as Gloucester, Barnsley, Leicester, Bath, Milton Keynes and Stoke. Our current portfolio of contracts range vastly from small commercial businesses (split and VRV a/c systems, process water chillers, kitchen cabinets and coldstores, etc) up to large commercial and industrial businesses (food production cooling, large scale cold storage, large building air conditioning (chillers), hospitals, universities, etc).
If you’re looking for a role that encourages and rewards hard work, flexibility, commitment and initiative and to be part of a team of like minded individuals with a great working environment and extremely competitive package, then IRS may be the place for you to set your roots for the foreseeable future.
- Starting basic salary based on suitability and experience (£30-£35K p/a).
- Basic salary based on 39-hour week on-site time.
- Travel paid door-to-door additional to salaried on-site time.
- 20 days annual leave, increased to 25 days after 2 years.
- Competitive on-call payments in addition to basic salary.
- Regular opportunities for overtime, with overtime paid at 1.5x standard hourly rate.
- Performance related bonus scheme with very achievable targets, paid twice p/a, up to additional £2K p/a.
- Vehicle with fuel card.
- Laptop and smartphone.
- Please ensure you forward a fully up to date CV along with a letter of introduction so that we can really get to know you and what you could offer IRS.
- All candidates will be required to provide valid proof of Right to Work in the UK and ID at interview