This is a working document and is subject to change based on the latest Government guidance and potential changes to our staffing and working conditions.
Posted on 01/04/2020
IRS Ltd take the health, safety and well-being of both their staff and clients very seriously. We have provided this guidance document to protect both parties where client visits are necessary. We hope that our employees and clients will work with us on these measures to ensure that everyone is kept as safe as possible during these very difficult times. Please follow the below guidance in order to protect yourself, the clients staff and general public:
COVID-19 – A Reminder
- COVID-19 can be spread in tiny droplets released from the nose and mouth of an infected person as they cough.
- COVID-19 survives on: cardboard for up to 24 hours / plastic and stainless-steel surfaces for up to 2-3 days / copper surfaces tend to kill the virus within about 4 hours.
- Disinfecting frequently touched surfaces on a regular basis and frequent hand-washing are key to preventing COVID-19’s spread.
- Ensure that you have adhered to the latest advice regarding self-isolation if you or anyone you live with has shown any symptoms of COVID-19.
Travelling to/from Site
- The sharing of vehicles is not recommended.
- Change footwear once you arrive at site, and upon leaving site, rather than wearing your working footwear to travel in.
- Clean inside the cab of your vehicle at the start and end of every day with antibacterial wipes. This includes cleaning area’s such as the steering wheel, gear selector, handbrake, ventilation controls, radio/sat-nav controls, seat controls etc.
- Similarly, clean the outside of your vehicle, including handles and doors, especially in those area’s likely to be touched.
- Ensure you remove and dispose of rubbish from the vehicle each day that could be harbouring the virus.
- Clean any items to be removed from the vehicle such as mobile devices, wallet, keys, etc with antibacterial wipes before taking into your home.
Working on Site
- Check with site representative on arrival to identify the site’s specific site safety requirements in relation to COVID-19.
- Distance yourselves as best as possible (preferably by 2 meters) from all other persons during the visit.
- Employ a no hand shaking policy.
- Practise and promote frequent hand washing with soap and hot water for a minimum of 20 seconds, particularly on arrival and departure, and where this is not possible, use alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- Avoid touching your face and adhere to NHS guidance on coughing and sneezing into tissues, which will then be disposed of and hands washed thoroughly.
- If you are regularly handling materials, wear gloves and use hand sanitiser regularly, and avoid the use of other contractors’ tools, equipment and stationery.
- Where this is not possible, regular cleaning of the tools and equipment with an antibacterial wipe should be completed.
- When cleaning, remember to include items such as mobile phones, tablets and any other communication devices.
- Wash your hands before eating, drinking, smoking or vaping.
If you or the client feel that there is any risk relating to exposure of COVID-19, discuss the option to terminate the visit and make arrangements to reschedule.
Posted on 01/04/2020