This policy is a working document and is subject to change based on the latest Government guidance.
Posted on 01/04/2020
IRS Ltd take the health, safety and wellbeing of both their staff and clients very seriously. We have implemented this policy to protect both parties where client visits are necessary. We hope that our clients will work with us on these measures to ensure that everyone is kept as safe as possible during these very difficult times.
COVID-19 - A Reminder
- COVID-19 can be spread in tiny droplets released from the nose and mouth of an infected person as they cough.
- COVID-19 survives on: cardboard for up to 24 hours / plastic and stainless-steel surfaces for up to 2-3 days / copper surfaces tend to kill the virus within about 4 hours.
- Disinfecting frequently touched surfaces on a regular basis and frequent hand-washing are key to preventing COVID-19's spread.
- Ensure that you have adhered to the latest advice regarding self-isolation if you or anyone you live with has shown symptoms of COVID-19.
IRS will, where possible, limit client visits to essential visits only. When client visits are considered essential, IRS Employees will follow the below guidance.
Travelling to/from Site:
- The sharing of vehicles is not recommended.
- Engineers to change footwear once they arrive at site, and upon leaving site, rather than wearing working footwear to travel in.
- They will clean inside the cab of their vehicle at the start and end of every day with antibacterial wipes. This includes cleaning areas such as the steering wheel, gear selector, handbrake, ventilation controls, radio/sat-nav controls, seat controls, etc.
- Similarly, they will clean the outside of their vehicle, including handles and doors, especially in those areas likely to be touched.
- They will remove and dispose of rubbish from the vehicle each day that could be harbouring the virus.
- They will clean any items to be removed from the vehicle such as mobile devices, wallet, keys, etc with antibacterial wipes before taking it into their home.
Working on Site:
- Our engineers will check with a site representative on arrival to identify the site's specific site safety requirements in relation to COVID-19.
- They will distance themselves as best as possible (preferably 2 metres) from all other persons during the visit.
- No hand shaking policy.
- They will practise and promote frequent hand-washing with soap and hot water for a minimum of 20 seconds, particularly on arrival and departure, and where this is not possible, use alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- They will avoid touching their face and adhere to NHS guidance on coughing and sneezing into tissues, which will then be disposed of and hands washed thoroughly.
- Where regularly handling materials, they will wear gloves and use hand sanitiser regularly, and avoid the use of other contractors' tools, equipment and stationery.
- Where this is not possible, they will practice regular cleaning of the tools and equipment with antibacterial wipes.
- When cleaning, they have been instructed to remember to include items such as mobile phones, tablets and any other communication devices.
- They shall also wash hands before eating, drinking, smoking or vaping.
Posted on 01/04/2020